- SFURTI is a Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries .
- Ministry of MSME has launched this scheme in the year 2005 with the view to promote Cluster development. KVIC is the nodal Agency for promotion of Cluster development for Khadi as well as for V.I. products.
- As on date, a no. of 76 Clusters have come up as per the scheme and many of these clusters have been completed.
- The scheme has been evaluated by Professional Agency and it has rated the programme as successful.
- Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India, has issued Revamped SFURTI Guidelines, vide letter No.4(25)/2012-KVI-I(Part-III) dated 1st August, 2014 for development of clusters under the scheme of Revamped SFURTI programme, which will develop three types of cluster programme.
- The Revamped SFURTI Cluster will intensify the sustainability of the programme beyond the project period through creation of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) or deemed SPV. Further, the revamped guideline has added many new features for all round development of SFURTI clusters